Junior Business Analyst Resume:
As a new or entry level business analyst it may be difficult to decide what to include on your resume. When you are searching your first business analyst position its important to list your accomplishments and skills. This way your potential employer will have a better understanding of what your education and skills encompass. Below is an example of a junior business analyst resume. Feel free to model your resume after the ones provided.
As a Junior business analyst you wont have as much information to select from when putting together your resume. Its often best to keep things simple and to the point when trying to land your first business analyst position. HR folks read a ton of resumes each and every day, and most recommend a short and concise approach.
Do your best to convey your experiences to fit the specific job you are applying for.
Junior Business Analyst Resume Example:
123 Doe St. New York 12321
Apply my knowledge of business processes and analysis to successfully solve business problems. Build on my technical skills and incorporate my business analysis training to streamline business processes and to ensure that they are aligned with the business goals of the organization.
XYZ Company – (internship) April 2010 – April 2011
- Provided support for in-house and third-party applications for internal and external clients.
- Participated in critical issues and problem management, and followed-up with root cause analysis of production incidents.
- Produced ad-hoc data restores per customer requests.
- Generated and maintained job-related operational documentation and business process diagrams.
- Created incident and problem management database records.
- Reduced customer downtime by supporting operations off-hour technical recovery testing and migrations.
- Executed Use Cases.
- Improved quality of customer support by working with administration and outside vendors.
- Worked closely with project teams to identify required infrastructure changes and planed activities for live migration of upcoming projects.
- Ensured data availability by managing backups and offsite data retention.
- Acted as a liaison between IT Operations, business users and project teams in resolving production issues.
- Increased systems support efficiency by generating procedures and infrastructure diagrams.
- Software Skills
- UML Interaction Diagrams Class Diagrams
- Createing Entity Relationship Diagrams / Use Case Diagrams
- Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Access
- Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Windows Unix, DOS, OSX & BIOS
- Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Visual Studio, Microsoft SQL Server
- Business & Technical Skills
- Requirements Gathering Process & Workflow Modeling Technical Documentation
Master Certificate – Business Analysis New York University, online 2012
MS – Management Information Systems, XYZ University, Boston, MA 2008
BS – Computer Science, XYZ University, Charlotte, NC 2002