Introduction to Business Analyst Training in India
Corporate organizations demand the services of a business analyst to help them better understand and utilize changes in the business environment. Changes in the business can both be damaging or helpful to the organization. Thankfully, negative shifts may be tapped and turned into a positive driving force for the company through the expertise of a well-trained business analyst.
BA Job Description
A good business analyst needs to assess the three A’s of an organization, and they are: adaptability, agility and ability to manage changes. A business analyst or an aspiring BA needs to train in these respective key areas:
- Analyzing and monitoring the business environment – the business environment is one of the most susceptible to change. These changes need constant analysis and monitoring to help the business keep up with and better cater to evolving customer needs.
- Establishing Project Requirements – the core of business analysis is determining requirements for a project. The BA is the active and leading member in the development of technical and innovative solutions by identifying, assessing and recording requirements.
- Managing and Communicating Requirements – after project requirements have been established and documented, the BA then manages these requirements and effectively communicates them to the individuals involved in the process.
Business analyst training in India used to be a rare opportunity. Today, there are plenty of options when it comes to choosing BA courses, training programs and BA training schools. Understanding the specialized skill requirements of a business analyst helps in deciding what type of training to obtain.
- Communication – a business analyst must have superior ability in communicating to all levels of the organization, simplifying and translating documents through oral, written and verbal communication.
- Concepts Expertise – a BA must be well rounded, having clear and deep understanding of various business concepts, including technical and engineering concepts.
- Analytical – an organization greatly benefits from a highly analytical executive able to conduct and implement cost-benefit analysis and solutions.
- Problem Solving – a BA must know how to design solutions and new methods to facilitate changes into the organization.
- Leadership – a good business analyst is a good leader and knows how to effectively manage people towards achieving business goals and objectives.
Business analyst training in India covers a wide range of competencies development, helping executives to improve in their overall business analysis performance.
Competition for business analysis positions is challenging. Organizations recognize the value of having an expert business analyst on board, and are therefore very selective of the individuals they hire.
In the past, business analysis was straightforward. Today, the job has become more complex, involving different advanced technologies, processes and computerized systems. The job outlook for business analyst shifts with technology, and the position itself is no longer called business analyst but Business Analyst IT. A BA must take into consideration the integration of perpetually evolving digital business tools and the effective utilization of electronic information that these tools produce. Continuous business analyst education and training proves helpful for maintaining BA skills relevant and effective.
The role of a business is crucial to the organization’s success. A BA therefore generally commands a good salary. In India, a business analysts earns from INR240,000 to INR1,000,000 or INR550,000 annually according to www.payscale.com and www.glassdoor.com. Apart from basic salary, a BA earns other financial benefits.
- Annual Salary – INR240,000 to INR1,000,000; national average is INR550,000
- Bonuses – up to INR100,000
- Profit Sharing – up to INR90,000
- Commission – up to INR160,000
Business analyst pay rate India is generally affected by location, experience, skill, company and job responsibilities.
Thus far, the highest paying companies based on average yearly salary are Accenture Technology Solutions, Polaris Software Labs Limited, Capgemini, Wipro, Tata Consultancy Services and Genpact.
There are various positions within an organization where specialized skills of a business analyst may be required. A business analyst IT may follow anyone of these career paths:
Project Manager, Software Development
Senior Project Manager, IT
Business Analyst, Finance/Banking
Program Manager, IT
Senior Program Manager, IT
Service Delivery Manager
Vice President, IT
Senior Program Manager, Software Applications
Program Manager, Computer Software
Information Technology Director
Senior Business Analyst
To learn more about the responsibilities and job descriptions of these positions, inquire from the hiring company.